Saturday, August 7, 2010

August Already?


It has been a busy summer, and it is hard to believe August has already arrived. Soon we will go back to school and back to our usual routines.

This summer I have been weaving, working on my "Landis Valley Linen" Shawl. I finished weaving the first one today, and I am planning to weave a second shawl with a different color weft (horizontal yarn). Tomorrow I will put the white merino wool into the dye pot at the museum, with hopes of it turning into blue and green variegated. If it works it will make a spectacular shawl for a dear artist friend who lives in Massachusetts.
I have also spent a lot of the summer knitting. I am working on a sweater called "Highlander" by Anne Hanson. I dyed the yarn at the museum, and have been knitting feverishly since June 1st. Finally this weekend I finished the body of the sweater. Now I am working on the sleeves, collar and button band. I hope I finish in time to enter it in the Hemlock Fiber Festival. There is a special prize for "Best Blue" garment and I am hoping to win!

No comments:

Post a Comment