Sunday, June 20, 2010

Preparing for Summer

Tomorrow is the first official day of summer, and as I look forward to the last few days of school I am thinking about summer vacation.
Yesterday morning I woke up early and cleaned & cut 8 quarts of strawberries. My hand looked like a stained mess, but it will be worth it this winter when I am able to go to the freezer and open a box of summer!

I decided on a new weaving project, a blue and white scarf with a twill pattern called "Landis Valley Linen". I am using some wonderful Merino/Tencel from Webs. Warping the loom is a bit of a chore. I slowly wound the yarn around the back beam, using paper to keep the threads orderly. Now I only have to thread it...usually the longest part of the whole weaving process.







The plants in the garden are moving right along, soon will will have tomatoes and maybe even broccoli!








On Saturday I attended the Genesee Valley Handspinner's Guild and got some spinning done. I love all the ladies in the guild, they are so quirky and inventive with their projects and yarn. When I came home from guild I finished plying the yarn, washed it and hung it out to dry. The purple is a blend of Alpaca, Merino and silk in the colorway "blueberry patch". The pink is falkland in "butterfly bush". I purchased both from the Spinning Bunny in Ithaca, NY. We are attending her open house next weekend, and a class where we will get to dye our own yarn.
Today we are heading to a father's day picnic. I have made a Triple Berry Pie, and I must say I am really looking forward to eating it!

No comments:

Post a Comment